Chart Settings - Format
The Chart Settings window consists of several
thematic tabs of options for calculating and displaying horoscope charts.
The Format tab contains options for configuring the Chart tableau.
The Chart Settings - Format tab is opened by first:
- selecting "Settings" | "Chart Settings" from the main menu, or
- clicking the "Options" Toolbar button and selecting "Chart Settings..." from the menu, or
- right-clicking in the Chart tableau and selecting "Chart Settings..." from the popup menu, or
- double-clicking in an empty region of the Chart tableau,
Then by clicking the "Format" button at the top of the window,
or typing the 'F' key.
East of Wheel
This panel allows you to set the 'East Point' (horizon) of the chart wheel
(see also the Direction of Houses setting on the Wheel tab).
- I House cusp - selects the cusp of the first house of the core data (inner wheel).
In many houses systems, but not all, this coincides with the Ascendant,
- selects the Ascendant of the core data (i.e. inner wheel). This is the
most common setting,
- Background Asc - selects the Ascendant of the background data (e.g. outer
wheel of dual charts),
- selects the degree of the Zodiac entered in the adjacent entryfield (whole numbers only).
This anchors the 'East Point' of the wheel to a constant degree of zodiacal longitude (e.g. when set to
'0', to the First Point of Aries), for situations in which houses are
not important, or if it is required to pin the chart wheel
prior to rotating the chart.
The options in this panel allow you to select alternative display formats for the event
(birth) details at top left of the Chart tableau.